Are you passionate about inclusivity in education and the arts? Keen to make a difference and uplift voices that are normally unheard or shouted-over? Project Myopia is looking for two new members to join our team: we’re searching for a new Social Media Intern and an Outreach Intern! Read on for more information…
Social Media Intern
The role involves posting new articles to our blog, updating our social media feeds and promoting Project Myopia online!
We’re looking for someone to join our team with some experience in:
- working with WordPress
- social media management (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- organisational work (email-based)
This is an admin-heavy role that can be done remotely from anywhere. We’re looking for someone punctual and hard-working who LOVES their email inbox and is adept in using social media. The tasks include:
- contacting press and publications to promote our work
- reaching out to universities and other institutions to work on conferences and workshops together
- engaging with our readers, and seeking out potential writers and artists who could contribute to the site
- sending out writers’ packs to help potential or new writers get acclimated to our style
- checking in with the rest of the team to coordinate plans for getting more people involved in writing for the site
We are able to pay a small stipend each month, and we will be able to provide training, references for future work, and support along the way. Right now we are only able to pay workers who have access to a UK bank account (if you’re international, check in with us next year when we hope to be able to expand payment opportunities to folks based in other countries). You’ll be able to take initiative and work out your own hours. If you’re looking for a first step into the world of diversity in the arts, or you’re experienced already, we’d love to hear from you. We’re a friendly team, and we’re passionate about our work! Let us know if you think you’d be a good fit. Please send a CV along with a brief cover letter (including indication of your availability and relevant experience) to firstname.lastname@example.org – thanks! Applications for Outreach Intern close on 30th November and on 15th December for Social Media Intern. Good luck and we’re looking forward to hearing from you!